Busted Dryer But A Silver Lining

Our electric dryer has stopped heating up. It spins and blows air but there is no heat. I recently found a large wad of lint trapped in the vent pipe and so I'm fearful that the non-resettable thermal fuse is blown, or worse case, the whole heating coil is bad. (Still haven't found a replacement coil for the stove!) After disconnecting the dryer from the breaker box, I opened up the service panel but couldn't see any obvious connection failures.
I just sent out an email plea to local friends asking if anyone has an ohm meter I could borrow. Hopefully I can identify the errant part and order a replacement soon. Meanwhile, I've strung a clothesline across the yard and have taken to hanging our undies up for all to see!
What's the silver linging? While moving the dryer, I "discovered" eleven cents and the screwdriver handle with socket that went missing from my socket set four years ago when we moved in. Not sure how it got there, hmmm.

Comments

  1. The same thing happened to me a couple of months back. I checked out everything with and ohm meter and it was all okay. It turned out that one of the two fuses in the fuse panel had blown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment