Ebay Here I Come

Our oven died today. Considering it's over fifty years old we knew this moment had to come. The bake element broke in half, but unlike modern elements that are about the thickness of a pencil, ours is a small spring like coil wound around through ceramic insulators. Here's a picture of what it looks like underneath the drip pan. I tried to reconnect the pieces but since it's not like a regular electrical connection nothing happened. Hopefully I can find a suitable modern replacement or an actual spare laying around somewhere that someone is willing to part with rather cheaply.

Comments

  1. Too bad about the heating element. I hope you can find a replacement part, since the stove is so cool. I've been looking at vintage appliances for our kitchen, but wasn't sure how well they'd cook or how efficient they'd be (especially a refrigerator). Did you restore yours or just use it as is??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thing is gorgeous! I hope you're able to fix it quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stove! I've been looking for an older stove and ran across this link that appears to do a search for replacementstove parts www.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID=419 Look under the "Used PArts" tab. If you can't find it on ebay, you might take a look at them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment