Finished Window Pics!

After several months I finally have one window done! Here are the pics to prove it. This is the south side, hard to make out with the shadows; the door is painted but the doorframe is not.

Though not the same window, it's a good example of the "before" condition: paint peeling, glazing missing, upper sash painted shut, etc. This one actually still has the screen on because there isn't a storm for it. I'll have to make one from scratch.Here's the finished window with the storm installed. Everyone needs a good helper on the inside when hanging storm windows. Just ignore the phone line the PO ran along the outside of the house so that they didn't have to go through the plaster on the inside. This is a close up of the window buttons that coordinate the storms and screens with the correct window. I've not found any like it but have a few that are missing.

So what do you think about the color scheme? Should the color placement be reversed? After 90 years of red/maroon it's odd to see a different color. I think it'll work, but I'm prepared to repaint it.

Comments

  1. I just saw some while surfing and the numbers went clear to 20 at least. I'll try to find it again. I found it. They are at House of Antique Hardware under the window hardware section for screen & storm windows. The numbers go clear to 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. There are enough tacks in a pack to number 20 storms/windows but you will need to use two tacks to make a double digit number. It should work well enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the color combo looks great! I wouldn't change a thing!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the color combo is great! It gives a more "updated" look. Very nice choice. I still have some windows in my house that look like your before picture. It's a lot of work but well worth it to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors too.... and those buttons are so cool. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These images give me hope for our double-hung windows. I plan on at least tackeling one window this summer. My mom has told me it's very difficult, so now I'm thinking my anxiety will probably make the process even worse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house has those numbered tacks also. Unfortunately, there aren't any storm windows left to actually match up with them. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment