Early Alert

Do your fire alarms work? Last night the battery on one of ours died. We have three smoke detectors, one for each floor, and of course all the ceilings are too high to reach on a chair. So at 4 AM when one of them starts "chirping" it's a hassle to change the battery. I didn't even try to find the ladder. Instead I piled a chair on top of a stool and performed my own rendition of a Chinese balancing act. I'm sure it would have been hilarious to watch, if only anybody had been up to watch.

Comments

  1. Be careful! I had to go to the emergency room for stitches in an embarrassing place after attempting such a balancing act...

    That chirping sound is very annoying, especially when it wakes you up and you're still a little fuzzy from sleep and wonder what the heck it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment