Response: Ready for a Close-Up?

This post is in reply to StuccoHouse's electrical inquiry on their stove light:
When I saw the pictures of StuccoHouse's ceramic light bulb socket, I new I had a similar one somewhere in the basement. You see, I really do have a veritable museum of electrical history.
In the picture showing how the two halves should join, the bottom piece is backwards. The side with the screws would face out and there should be a threaded brass socket on the reverse. It's those threads that hold both pieces together (as a male fitting) and hold the bulb (as a female).
I would not be surprised if he brass rotted away or was accidentally broken off when someone tried to separate the two sides, especially in an oven with high temps and baked on grease.

Comments

  1. Wow, thanks for the photo! That makes a little more sense. You are right, when I layed the two pieces on their side...the one on the right should have been flipped - thats the way they were wired together.

    It's odd, because my socket was never used or installed, so it must have been missing the brass piece from the factory. Wonder if I could find the missing brass piece to fir the old socket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment