Another One Bites the Dust

I broke another window today. It was the old wavy glass too. In fact, working on this window today was a bit of a pain. I needed to replace the glazing on the upper sash of a big 36" window. Problem was the PO had installed metal weather-stripping that required lowering the sash all the way down before pulling it out. That required stripping all the paint from the lower half of the channel first. Then when I went to pull out the parting bead, it split in two. Apparently, they had NAILED it into place. The final straw was half way through removing the glazing when the glass cracked right in two. That sick feeling in the pit of your stomach just is not fun. So now, I have to buy a big piece of glass. Rats.

Comments

  1. I'm sincerely sorry to hear of this broken window but (snicker) how can you honestly expect me to keep a straight face when you begin the artlcle saying that "...it was a PAIN (PANE)?"

    Wow. Now THAT is true PUNishment!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment