Garden Bugs

As the temps climbed into the low 60's I found that the garden bugs were back out and I've been bitten. It started out as just surveying the sprouting bulbs but soon I had a leaf rake in my hand. It's amazing how much stuff the snow leaves behind in the yard but a quick comb through and the grass really spruced up.
I hope the salt trucks didn't destroy the grass between the street and sidewalk out front. You know how your car is covered with that nasty layer of white powder? The grass is just the same. Literal salt clouds would billow up as I raked through. I'm sure I looked like Pigpen from Peanuts.

Comments

  1. We are a bit behind you, but gettng closer to bulbs popping up. My lawn is probably going to need some TLC after all the construction last year, but ths year it will be allowed to thrive.
    I love Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also behind you. It hit 50 here yesterday, but still have a lot of snow. I planted a bunch of bulbs last year and I'm also anxious to take a peek at them. Green with envy here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to getting rid of the wet leaves etc. that the snow left behind. Needs to dry out first though! I have a lot of bulbs popping up.

    Hopefully spring stays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hit 70's here on Friday. The crocuses are beginning to bloom and the dafodils and surprise lillies have a good four inches of green up. I am being tempted to start the vegetable garden, but I better wait because we could get frost for another four weeks yet. I too will content myself with cleaning up the beds and yard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment