Shattered Dreams


Saturday I spent six hours stripping paint and removing the double hungs from one of the kitchen windows. I even got one window deglazed, sanded and primed. But then when I went to put the glass back in yesterday it just shattered.
Hopefully I can get to the store after work and before they close to buy a replacement pane. At least I have the storm in place, otherwise it would be pretty cold in the kitchen.
Woke up to reality
And found the future not so bright
I dreamt the impossible
That maybe things could work out right
And now you've given me, given me
Nothing but shattered dreams, shattered dreams

Comments

  1. That's the worst. To take all that care to remove the old galzing putty and remove the glass and then have it break. ...especially if it is wavy. It's happened to me too. I have a few windows where the glass is already broken, and they sure are a lot easier to work on. Of course, that means hunting down replacement glass. But they sure do look nice when they are done, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment