Where The Wild Things Are

This evening while working out in the yard we saw several critters, some regulars and some surprises. The list included two praying mantis. We even watched one catch and eat a fly. There are several caterpillars hanging out in the dill. The large black and yellow spider has moved from the east to the south side of the house. Several pill bugs which Elizabeth likes to carry them around as "pets". Honey bees and bumble bees continue to argue over the flowers and after coming inside I could feel something crawling on the back of my neck; it was an inch worm. Apparently we have a healthy, thriving yard.

Comments

  1. Praying mantis must be especially abundant this year. I have seen a number of them over the summer in our yard. A couple of weeks ago I was having a group of friends stand by my Knock out Roses to take a picture. There was a very large praying mantis on the roses. One of my friends has four small boys so I caught the mantis in a take out box with holes punched in the top for her to take to her boys. The five year old thanked me for it this week. I guess they had enjoyed it. Our pastor has been preaching on prayer this month. They are just another reminder of how important our prayer life is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment