Creature From The Deep

For the second time this summer, while waiting for my carpool ride, I've spotted something swimming down Prairie Creek in the early morning light. It's hard to make out since most of it's furry body is underwater. I'm sure it's not a beaver - there's no flat tail but it could be either a mink or muskrat. Right now I'm leaning toward mink, but further observation may be required, and we'll continue to lock the doors at night for fear of what lies beneath.... (cue the scary music, woman screams) I've read where otters have been reintroduced to Indiana but they were not listed in our county, yet.

Comments

  1. Maybe you've discovered a brand new species right here in our neighborhood! If so, you get to name it.

    Scott
    www.hungryhoosier.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment