Even with all the festivities today I managed to squeeze in a little painting project. Amy has been redecorating the front porch to coordinate with the new color scheme. She bought pillows and of course the table needed painted to match. It's just an old kitchen table with drop leaf sides. The top had come loose from the legs and some "antique restorer" had slathered varnish only on the visible surfaces. So after removing all the hardware and sanding down the old finish, I reinforced the top with more wood glue and screws. A couple quick coats of paint dried while we watched the parade and then before dinner a little distressing to the edges brought back the old kitchen table look. I've got more photos from the day's project here.