More Door Frame Progress

This evening I scraped off the last remnants of paint hopelessly clinging in the corners, then sanded the whole frame down. I constantly find myself judging between "re-finish" and "patina". How far do I take it? Do we want it to look brand new or should it show the signs of it's age, all the dings and scrapes from use? I left some marks but tried to prepare for a nice, clean finish on the paint job. The last step of the evening was a coat of a mixture of half boiled linseed and half mineral spirits. It should help preserve the wood from moisture and give a good base for the primer to adhere to.

Comments

  1. I have six West facing windows that I have to sand and repaint every three years. Do you have any idea what kind of paint you are going to use over the boiled linseed and mineral spirits?
    Have you thought about the new super finished?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment