In The Swing Of Things

Of all the posts I've written none has received more hits than How To Build A Tree Swing from last Spring. So now the time has come to hang the swing back on the tree and let the kids go at it. Like so many things, the kids have both grown since last year so I did have to raise the swing a few inches higher off the ground. Fortunately the knots used were fairly easy to loosen, and it wasn't long before I heard "Dad, come push me!" Remember the old wind up swings for babies? Wonder how I could rig up a tree swing like one of those? Hmmm.

Comments

  1. Hi there,
    I just wanted to thank you for the swing post. I've wanted one ever since i was a little girl (but grew up in a hammock instead) Your post inspired me to make my own, and last night, on the eve of my 31st birthday, i realized that dream. I can't wait to go home and play tonight. Thank you so much for the how to.

    One little P.S. on the plans you offered: we just tied an overhand knot on the loop that the seat is attached to, and then tied that to the tree ropes with a friction knot - so it's easy to adjust. That way no need to whip stitch. Also, we're going to use carabeaners on the top so it's easy to take down in the winter. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment