Mow, Mow, Mow Your Lawn

This is the time of year when the grass really takes off, and since I use a reel mower I really have to stay on top of it. It just an old American Lawn Mower Co. Standard model that I picked up at a garage sale but it has stood us well. A couple years ago I replaced the handle when it broke in two pieces and I've noticed that it's cracking again. This is all because of how rough our ground is and probably the brutal way I tear around the yard. But it gives a great cut and costs nothing to operate, no gas, no noise, no fumes - almost enough to make cutting the grass enjoyable. Almost.

Comments

  1. Now that is a lawn mower! You can rent those things at a eco-friendly store here in town and I have wondered how well they do the job. A neighbor used to have an electric mower, but she kept running over the cord, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your next door neighbor and another owner of a reel mower, I like to think the ozone is a bit thicker right above our part of the block.

    Scott
    http://scotthutcheson.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment