Put A Lid On It

We installed the new toilet seat this evening. By "we" I mean my daughter and I. Nothing like an eager four year old to help crawl around behind a toilet, even if it took some coaching on which direction to thread the nuts. I think the whole room looks much classier with the cheap wood seat gone. The bolts on it were rusted and nasty. I ended up just breaking off the plastic nuts and banging it out with a hammer. We then had to clean the crud around the bolt holes since the new hardware was a bit smaller in diameter. A little Bar Keeper's Friend and it was good to go. Oh, and the old seat went out in the trash - no fancy picture frame craft projects or anything else with it. Some things just shouldn't be recycled.

Comments

  1. Can't wait to try it out! Is that the appropiate comment to make on such an occasion?

    Scott
    http://scotthutcheson.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt and uncle used to have a wooden toilet seat that had a small crack in the wood. Everytime you sat down it would pinch your butt cheek. Good move getting rid of the wooden one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment