I'd Rather Be Mudding

Our youngest wanted to make a recipe tonight so I helped here throw together a box cake. She usually prefers cupcakes (they only lick the icing off the cake) but I thought we would try a two layer version. I didn't take the time to flatten the tops so when the layers were stacked, the center split into four giant cracks. If it was a crack in our plaster walls I'd try tape or a filler piece but I'm not aware of any edible "icing tape" and there weren't any cake chunks to stuff in. Oh well, just glob more icing into the gap. However after just one crack, I realized there wouldn't be enough icing. So we iced the sides of the Grand Canyon running through the middle of our very sweet cake. Guess some mistakes aren't so bad after all.

Comments

  1. That crack's probably not from your lack of flattening the top. You probably have a convection oven. If so, turn the convection feature off. The air circulating dries the top of the cake and causes it to crack. If happened to me a couple of times when I baked.

    What? A guy can't bake?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment