Santa's Workshop

We were recently challenged to show off our workshop so here are the bare ugly details. It looks rather messy, and straightening it up is usually a winter ritual. I've just got too many half finished projects laying around.
The "Darkroom In Use" sign is a nod to the PO's son who had a functioning darkroom in this same corner of the basement.

The wooden table was a cast off from the cafeteria, originally used as a homemade pie display.

I also share space with much of Amy's Longaberger stockpile.

In December this space becomes "Santa's Workshop" and I usually keep it locked up from the rugrats. Every year I try to make a present for the kids. Past projects have included a kitchenette, workbench, castle and pirate games, refurbishing a family heirloom baby doll crib and a high chair. I've got a couple ideas for this year but as usual I'm pushing the deadline. I really don't like to dry paint with a hair dryer at 11:00 pm on Christmas Eve!

Comments