Learning How To Cope

One of the Christmas gifts I bought for Amy to give me was a coping saw - nothing fancy, just a $7 run of the mill type. But I needed it for one of the kid's gifts I'm working on. What I really need is a scroll saw but instead I went the super cheap route and and am cutting the details by hand. At least I have a table saw this year so all the major cuts are straight and even. Speaking of which, I did lose one piece of wood to the table saw. I was ripping with the fence but probably should have used the miter guage with a stop block (a technique I switched to) because the piece kicked back. Fortunately I was standing to the side of the blade so the board simply flew across the room, knocking a dent in the old workshop door. Chalk another one up to experience.

Comments