Garden Lecture

Last night I attended a lecture presented by the author of one of my favorite books to check out of the library. Judith B. Tankard is landscape design historian at Harvard University's Landscape Institute of Arnold Arboretum and she spoke about the philospohy of an Arts and Crafts garden. Although I would have prefered more discussion about appropriate plantings for a prairie garden within a city lot, it was still very interesting and her slides of English gardens did give me several ideas. Like so many things you must first understand the theory before you can accurately apply the principles. It was held at the IMA, a wonderful facility that just recently reopened after an extensive renovation. If you can make it to Indy before Jan 22nd you can still see the International Arts and Crafts exhibit.

Comments

  1. Sounds interesting - I'll bet you brought a lot of knowledge back from the lecture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment