Honesty Is The Best Policy

Just had to share the hilariously embarrassing thing my kid did last night. We were at church yesterday and the kids usually bring a coloring book or something to keep them entertained through the sermon. I don't expect them to sit in rapt attention but it amazes me how much they soak up without really listening. Well right in the middle of the sermon, I guess Pastor thought he was loosing our interest because he asked "Should we just go home? Who here would just like to go home?" And my son sat up straight and raised his hand high. Not only that, but Pastor noticed! He chuckled and thanked him for his honesty. Now how can you scold a kid for that?

Comments

  1. That was a HOOT!!! I stopped by via Jerry. I like your blog and hope post some pictures of that gorgeous Craftsman Home. I'll post you on my blogroll - I use icons; you'll recognize yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the honesty of kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, Ben, for both keeping my children safe and sound AND fixing that darn oven door! I have been after Scott to do that for a long time.

    I love Josiah's honest answer - I know he was just thinking "let me outta here so I can go eat some cake". It seems like church is so long when there is a dessert social waiting for you afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't ask the question unless you're ready for an honest answer.

    Good for Josiah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment